Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome to my blog on quilting and mysteries

I recently wrote about one of my grandfathers. I hope to add a piece to these posts about our family history each month. But the exciting news for me this winter is that book two of the Quilted Mystery series is almost ready to publish. Unraveling Ada is of course already in print at www.amazon.com for pb and e book through Kindle, and www.smashwords. com. But soon there will be a second book, Ripping Abigail.

My series has two underlying threads (well, there are more, but for this post I'll just concentrate on the two largest) the decades in a female life and the comparative times in American history. The first book references decade one in a girl's life and the Colonies of America. The mysteries in book one are lifted from these two threads, early childhood traumas on the one hand, and the trials of settling and surviving in very early America.

Similarly, book two aims at the mysteries encountered by a growing girl in her rebellious teens and the corresponding period of rebellion in Colonial America.

Visit facebook for more of my writing, under Barbara Sullivan, and twitter for snippets I frankly find frustrating, under QuiltedMystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment