Wednesday, February 23, 2011

March is coming, don't be blown over by the roar.

What's really roaring around the world seems to be economic discontent. The fallout? Maybe gasoline prices around $5 a gallon. Maybe higher. Whatever, we need to be prepared.

For my husband Mike and I that has led to our decision to purchase a Prius.(Also leading to the decision is that my beloved Ford Taurus stationwagon sprung a couple of leaks after eleven years of hard driving.)

We are thrilled at the prospect of getting 48-51 mpg (highway, in town) and even though the push button technology is hard to get used to at first, and the digital dashboard is likewise a challenge, it only took us a couple of days and watching their beginner's video a couple of times to make the switch.

I still love Fords. I'll always wish my purchase could have been of an American made car. But the need was immediate. Maybe down the road we'll be able to return to our favorite car company.

No comments:

Post a Comment